Monday, January 3, 2011

Sally and The Emcee



http://www.limarts.com/candice/sally.mp3

This one is about my best friend from High School who is now referred to as Mss Vee the Emcee extraordinaire ala Supper Club San Francisco. A beautiful, mezmorizing performer with a gentle, silly, sweet soul! Its about growing up together as performers, and what it means to be an 'escape artist.' Our bond grew rapidly through the mutual desire to want to hide behind a performance. Something or someone told us it was not okay to be ourselves- so we instinctively channeled our senses through a 24 hour show. My older sister reffered to us as Frick and Frack. I've moved 3 times since Mss Vee and I lived in the same town.. Pictures of Mss Vee and I adorn my refrigerator, and bedroom wall still. We grew together.. and I continue to be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment